Lenovo announced the first device in its tablet family to be available locally – the sleek and stylish IdeaPad Tablet K1. Designed as a consumer device, the new tablet features a simple one-button interface, Flash 10.3 for easy web browsing and video streaming, and Lenovo’s exclusive SocialTouch App which creates a one-stop social connection. It also comes pre-loaded with more than 30 consumer-oriented applications including the popular Angry Birds and the full version of Documents to Go.
Vicky Agorrilla, Country General Manager, Lenovo Philippines said, “We are setting the benchmark on innovation and quality with the launch of the new Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1 in the Philippines. Through observation, we noticed Filipinos are adding tablets to their shopping list that helps them stay connected and productive when on the move. The Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1 definitely delivers this enhanced user experience for consumers looking for both a mobile entertainment device for staying connected to family and friends, accessing social media networks and enjoying music, movies, apps and the web on-the-go.”
According to IDC, media tablets in Asia Pacific will experience a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 54%, hitting 21 million units by 2015 with gaming, Internet browsing and social networking usage driving the growth. In the Philippines where social network penetration is incredibly high, IDC predicts that tablet PCs will be one of the key growth drivers for IT with local consumers increasingly adopting them for personal activities.
The new Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1 is Lenovo’s first mobile internet device featuring the Google Android 3.1 platform and NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core mobile processors that offers extreme multitasking, noticeably faster web browsing with built-in Flash, console-quality gaming, and low power consumption for improved battery life.
IdeaPad Tablet K1: Open the Box and Play
Weighing just 0.74 kg, the highly mobile IdeaPad Tablet K1 features a breathtaking HD display, dual cameras, and integrated Bluetooth and 802.11 Wi-Fi connectivity. The IdeaPad Tablet K1 also incorporates a unique ‘Home’ button and Lenovo ‘Launch Zone’ application to help users easily access their most frequent functions like email, music and web browsing. Simply put, the Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1 helps users who want:
- More out of the box: The Android-powered Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1 is preloaded with more than 30 apps from partners like Amazon, Adobe, Electronic Arts, Rovio, Zinio, DataViz, and others (over US$50 in value.)
- More entertainment: Users can browse all websites and watch online videos with ease thanks to Flash 10.3.
- More social networking: Users can access an entire network of friends and social sites all in one place, with Lenovo’s exclusive SocialTouch* app, which effectively creates a one-stop social connection. And since one picture is still worth a thousand words, the Lenovo IdeaPad Tablet K1 comes with a two-megapixel front-facing and a five-megapixel rear-facing webcam.
- More true HD: Users can watch movies and videos in breathtaking HD on a 1280×800 resolution screen. The mini HDMI connection allows full 1080p HD viewing when connected to an HDTV or monitor, resulting in a powerful visual experience.
- More cloud sharing: Users can sync, store and share files, music and photos with 2GB of free cloud storage, and less reliance on their hard drive.
- More Apps: Users can access thousands of apps in the Android Market and apps tested exclusively for the IdeaPad Tablet K1 in the Lenovo App Shop.
Lenovo App Shop – Premium Ecosystem of Apps and Content Services
In addition to the thousands of apps available at the Android Market, Lenovo tablet users have access to apps in the Lenovo App Shop — a unique app marketplace, which features popular applications that have been tested specifically for Lenovo Tablets. The Lenovo App Shop offers apps within a broad range of categories including music, movies, books, productivity, social networking, weather, printing and more. In addition, Lenovo will offer country-specific applications, currency, and languages.
Pricing and Availability
The 32GB IdeaPad Tablet K1 Wi-Fi version is currently available from Lenovo’s business partners and retail stores for PHP24, 900.
The IdeaPad Tablet K1 comes with a one-year warranty. Lenovo also offers warranty upgrade options that can extend the IdeaPad product warranty for one additional year.