Our data storage needs continue to skyrocket as businesses spread online. To satisfy our hunger, WD has expanded their enterprise-class storage offerings with their new WD RE SAS and WD RE SATA hard drives with capacities of up to 4TB.
The nearline SAS version are available in 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, and 4TB, while the SATA are in 2TB, 3TB, and 4TB variations. Both have a max transfer rate of 6Gb/s at 7200 RPM
As more and more data moves to the cloud our storage needs to follow suit. “Given the insatiable need for storage capacity across all market segments, WD is offering both SAS and SATA interfaces for the WD 4 TB RE hard drives to best support both private and public clouds,” said Doug Pickford, senior director of business marketing for WD’s enterprise business unit.
- Dual port, full duplex connectivity: Ideal for leading business-critical enterprise topologies.
- 1.4M hours MTBF / 1.2M hours MTBF: Provides the highest level of reliability for 24×7 and up to 100% duty applications, for the WD RE SAS and SATA, respectively.
- Planet friendly: RoHS compliant, halogen reduced components.
- NoTouch™ ramp load technology: Recording heads never touch the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to recording heads and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- Dual Stage Actuation (DSA) and Rotary Acceleration Feed Forward (RAFF™): Best in class operation and performance when drives are used in vibration-prone, multi-drive chassis.
- Highest Capacity: Perfect for maximum capacity enterprise storage solutions, such as scale out, cloud storage, RAID arrays, and NAS; a massive 2.4 PB of available storage (with 10 4U, 60 bay enclosures).
- Highest Reliability: 5-disk platform, 800 GB per platter, SAS-interface, 6 Gb/sec transfer rates built for high performance 24×7.
Price and Availablity
The WD RE hard drives are covered by a five-year limited warranty are available through select retailers and are distributed by EA Global Supply Chain Solutions, Inc. and Iontech Technologies, Inc. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) for the 4TB SATA is P24,725.