IdeaSpace launched its national search for the country’s top ideas for technological entrepreneurship last September and has now announced its top 20 finalists who will vie for the final 10 slots. Each finalist will have the opportunity to incubate their ideas, guided by IdeaSpace and its partners.
Finalists were chosen from all over the country, eight from Metro Manila, six from Visayas, three from Mindanao, two from Central Luzon, and one from the Bicol region. IdeaSpace says that the majority of the finalists are mobile and software solutions for industries such as energy, agriculture, transportation, and healthcare.
The final judging period is scheduled on April 5. Chosen from a pool of almost 700 entries from all over the country, each finalist will be provided with a six month incubation period and Php 500,000 starting capital sponsored by IdeaSpace. During this time they will also be receiving mentoring, services, and grants from the foundation and its partners, the MVP group of companies worth up to Php 2M. After the six month period, each idea will have access to funding worth up to Php 5M to continue building on its ideas.
Below is the full list of top 20 finalists and what their startups seek to provide, according to the IdeaSpace Foundation.
- AgriCultureTechnology (Metro Manila) – monitors growth of aquatic livestock
- Armtech (Angeles City) – affordable water purification machine for households
- CornerData (Metro Manila)– simplified data gathering for agriculture and disaster preparedness using electronic sensors
- DateCola (Davao) – natural date enriched beverages
- DepEd Smart Cloud (Angeles City) – enterprise solution for public school system
- FindmyDok (Davao) – a solution for searching doctors
- Lost Meets Found (Cebu) – an online solution for lost and found objects
- miCab (Cebu) – smartphone solution for getting a cab with or without mobile Internet
- Mirand (Metro Manila) – Lower cost and high quality total joint implants for the Asian market
- Nambal.com (Cebu) – online healthcare system with portable features
- PGRS (Metro Manila) – produces electricity via rumble strips on high traffic roads
- PinoyTravel (Metro Manila) – provincial bus seat reservation using mobile technologies
- PortfolioMNL (Metro Manila) – online marketplace for creative professionals
- Prodigo (Manila) – a solution for targeted promotions and analytics
- SafeCab (Cebu) – a solution that providing feedback for commuters riding cabs
- Summarize and Notify (Leyte) – allows web searches, summarizes information and notifies users
- Tech4Health (Metro Manila) – solution for health monitoring of chronic conditions including diabetes
- TimeFree (Zamboanga) – SMS-based automated queuing system
- Tudlo (Cebu) – a system that teaches, guides and points during a disaster and emergency situation
- WeGen (Sorsogon) – new design of wind turbine that is more efficient than current technology